September Mountain Memo E-Newsletter
Summer of Stewardship Success
- 5 acres of newly conserved land
- 5276 acres of conservation monitoring
- 240 pounds of noxious weeds pulled
- 1869 river and land recreationists engaged by the Land Trust’s Recreation and Conservation Ranger
- 724 acres surveyed for noxious weeds, with appx.100 of those acres treated
- 1.25 miles of new trail built at Long Lake in partnership with Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association
- 3 parking area enclosures built at the Lower Loop and Slate River trailheads
- 0.5 miles of barbed/wire & t-posts removed
- 35 community volunteers involved in CBLT stewardship projects
Calling All Artists!
The Crested Butte Land Trust seeks an artist to design the 2022 Holiday Ornament!
Every year during the holiday season, the Land Trust sells hand painted ornaments. Designs can be created using any art form on a standard ball ornament and should be based around one or all of our conservation values: scenic views, wildlife habitats, ranching heritage, and recreation. Please submit a design by Friday, October 14 to the Land Trust’s office upstairs at 308 Third Street or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected artist will be compensated and receive recognition on our website. Ornaments will be produced this fall so we can sell them through the holidays!
Business After Hours
Together with LIV Sotheby’s International Realty, the Land Trust is hosting a Business After Hours party this coming Tuesday, September 27 from 5:30- 7:00 PM at LIV’s office at 401 Elk Avenue in Crested Butte.
Business After Hours, a program offered by the Chamber of Commerce, is a chance to socialize, network, and learn about businesses and nonprofits in the valley. There will also be a door prize drawing including swag from the Land Trust and LIV as well as a half-off Chamber membership.
We hope that you can join us for some light apps and drinks!
Partners in Conservation
Here, we highlight fellow organizations and businesses committed to preserving the working lands that make our home so special.
Please enjoy the video below from Backyard Green Films on local Spann Ranches.